Monday, March 21, 2011

FaceBook Brings Us Together

As the crisis of earthquake and tsunami plays out in the news, we can see it reflected in the touching human contact on Facebook. I would like to quote a thread (with some editing and name deletion) to show you how warm these exchanges can be.
We start with one person's post about the safety of another.

M: My friend, W, is safe! I just heard from him!
R: That's good news! Calls for a celebration. Let's drink!!!
M: Yes, a big beer!
C: I am so glad to hear this news! I am opening a bottle of wine right now!
D: I contacted my friend too!
M: This calls for more beer!
C: And another bottle of wine!
J: If there ever was a day for beer, it's today...
K: Woo hoo! Cheers all!
M: I think I will switch to wine!
C: That's great, M! I will open another wine!
J: dhissh for go out? Mped beer...
D: I am definitely celebrating tonight. Opening a bottle of champagne right now!
C: OMG! If ever there was a time to party, this is it! I am opening another wine for sure – as soon as I finish the last of this bottle!!!
F: Sounds like a party! I am joining in. Shaking the martinis right now!!
J: goch foosh... cheshing frish for beer...
M: Hey, this shiraz is really good! You guys should try this one! It's ___ Shiraz!
C: I found a bottle under my bed!!! I am opening it right now!!
K: Woo hoo!! Hoot! Hoot! Cheersh!
D: My friend is coming over!! She was in Tokyo all this time! She's bringing some wine!
C: That is so great, D!! OMG!! This shiraz IS good!
J: yoush guysh high? plff.... shnaxs... mior beer....

And so on, sharing the warmth of human contact across the wide distances that separate us.
Hmm... maybe I should open something too... cheers all! Love ya!

4 comments:

  1. Whee! Drive safely today (not that you drive outrageously at other times). God speed, or good thoughts and all that.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: driving outrageously, no, usually Joy has to drive because he's on the lash. Evidence in this post.

    But, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "on the lash" = "on the drink" or "drinking", specifically where alcohol is involved, in large amounts. Geez, don't you speak Essex?!

    ReplyDelete