Monday, August 1, 2011

Conversations in Thin Air

Remember the days when traveling by air was full of romance and excitement? Movies of the day showed strangers meeting on a commercial airliner and even falling in love! Flight attendants were glamorous and passengers were not only well behaved but even dressed up for the occasion. Nowadays things are different... very different.

Conversation 1
29B Aisle (to 29A Window): Excuse me, Ma'am, could you close your window shade, please?
29A: Why?
29B: It's very bright in my eyes.
29A: Close your eyes; that's what eyelids are for.
29B: Er... I don't want to sleep; I just want it a little less bright.
29A: What do you think they PUT windows in airplanes for anyway? It's so we can look out and see stuff!
29B: But it's so bright....
29A: You should send your sorry ass by UPS. Those planes don't have ANY windows!!
29B: . . . . . . .

So much for romance.

Conversation 2

Menu choices: Beef Chop Suey (looks like it has already been eaten once) and Chicken Cacciatore (looks OK)

Flight attendant (at row 28): Would you care for beef or chicken?
28A: Chicken please.
28B: Chicken please.
Flight attendant: Beef or chicken?
29A: Chicken
29B: I'll have the chicken, please.
Flight Attendant: Beef or chicken?
30A: Chicken please.
30B: Chicken.
Flight Attendant: Helen, do you have any more chicken on that side?
Helen: Nope, I'm out.
Flight Attendant (to me): Wanna eat?
31B: um.... no, I guess not....

So much for excitement.
I have been traveling around a lot this past week, so can't come up with much more than this. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment